Version 0.5.58 (24 March 2020)
- Sign up for the SpecFlow account
- Learn more about the account and it’s benefits on our blog
- Access to the internet is needed from your work environment. If you are working in an offline environment, please get in touch with us at email@example.com for information on how to license your software without an internet connection.
Version 0.4.391 (29 November 2019)
- Remember last opened map per user
- Remember contracted/expanded state for explorers
Version 0.4.380 (21 November 2019)
- If the current Backlog Explorer view contains work items mapped to an iteration or user activity on the map, an icon is displayed in the row/column header, indicating that items are missing on the map.
Click on the indicator in an iteration to apply a filter to the Backlog Explorer. Only the items in the current Backlog Explorer view missing on the map (i.e. assigned to that iteration) are displayed in the Backlog Explorer.
Version 0.4.376 (14 November 2019)
- New item button on the map now allows you to choose the type of work item to add
- New item button in backlog explorer now offers all work item types in the selected backlog
- After renaming a story, the new name is now displayed correctly when downloading a map as image
Version 0.4.341 (4 November 2019)
- Various/minor UI improvements/fixes
- Improved extension loading experience
- Notify user about changing iterations when card is moved between slices (Toast message)
- Ensure users can provide feedback about their product experience (Feedback banner)
Version 0.4.289 (10 October 2019)
Version 0.4.207 (1 October 2019)
Maintenance update: removed support for licensing via Microsoft’s Visual Studio marketplace. Licensing is now only possible using a license key.
Version 0.4.134 (28 September 2019)
- New designs for confirmation dialogs
- Tag colouring is now updated when switching to a different team
Version 0.4.81 (12 September 2019)
- The team selector previously only supported a maximum of 100 teams
- Fixed drag&drop not working in Chrome 77
Version 0.4.72 (11 September 2019)
- Allow slicing work items on the map
- Show the number of children on the cards
- Add/edit/delete child work items on the map
- Drag child work items to the map or link them to a different parent
- Various small UX improvement related to dragging cards on the map
- SpecMap usage rate limit threshold violations previously caused request delays
Version 0.3.6 (5 August 2019)
- Added the hints for new maps back (removed with 0.3.3)
- Work items can again be added to user activities with drag&drop (removed in 0.3.3)
- Team selector now always displayed
Version 0.3.5 (18 July 2019)
- Handle custom queries where the Query across multiple projects option is enabled
- Handle custom work item states in Azure DevOps
Version 0.3.3 (16 July 2019)
- Major improvements
- Better performance for maps with a large number of work items
- Implement Azure DevOps Design guidelines and components
- Minor improvements
- Better visualization of cards in collapsed regions
- Support for tag coloring rules
- Changing the team no longer reloads the whole map
Version 0.3.2 (27 June 2019)
- Added support for the Basic process template in DevOps (the default template for new installs)
Version 0.1.58 (15 November 2018)
- This release is a hotfix to address API changes in DevOps that prevented the SpecMap UI from being displayed.
Version 0.1.56 (30 October 2018)
- Hotfix: This release addresses an issue with SpecMap being inaccessible if a team selected in SpecMap is deleted.
Version 0.1.54 (2 August 2018)
- Maintenance release:
- Fixed bug: Selecting iteration with the mouse fails when the list is long
- Fixed bug: Cannot read property ‘top’ of undefined Object.V [as scrollToQuery]
- SpecMap now uses REACT
Version 0.1.52 (4 July 2018)
- Minor bug fix release:
- Fixed UI issues related to minimising the map list
- Fixed error reading ‘map’ property when selecting a query
Version 0.1.50 (18 June 2018)
- New features
- User activities can now be linked to any type of work item.
- Work items can be linked to a user activity with drag&drop
- New work item browser: Added support for backlog queries (e.g. PBIs, Epics, Features). Option to hide/show mapped work items in the list.
- Work items display information on which maps the work items has been added to in all versions of SpecMap (TFS and Azure DevOps/VSTS); some configuration is required for TFS.
- Replaced “Print” icon with a “Download” icon, as the print icon was misleading
- Fixed issue with scroll bars exceeding screen dimensions
- Fixed several query isues, including showing sub-folders in queries.
- Fixed issues with wrong links to maps
- Improved performance when switching between maps
- Fixed the wording of several messages
Version 0.1.48 (26 April 2018)
- Fixed a refresh bug when using a license key to license SpecMap
Version 0.1.41 (12 March 2018)
- Styling options defined for your board’s PBIs are applied to SpecMap (documentation)
- Work item icons and associated colours are now displayed in cards
- Bug fix: Removing cards from unlinked slices/user activities no longer resets the iteration path/parent link
Version 0.1.38 (13 February 2018)
- Fixed: The link to a work item or user activity now works without requiring a refresh after first entering the link.
- Fixed: The list of work items on the left is now filtered correctly when selecting a query.
- Extended requirements backlog query to include all associated work item types.
Version 0.1.37 (1 February 2018)
- Option to hide entries already on the map in the Backlog list
- Support for licensing on the Azure DevOps (VSTS) marketplace (not yet active)
- License mechanism for users without marketplace access (TFS 2015/offline on-premise)
- Various licensing-related messages, including links to the webpage used to generate free license keys
Version 0.1.33 (19 December 2017)
- Snapshot history: SpecMap automatically saves snapshots each time the map is updated.
A total of 10 snapshots are stored. This includes 5 most recent changes, and an additional 5 snapshots of less recent changes that are updated every 5 changes.
Map snapshots can be restored from the map details.
- Cloned maps are now assigned a unique name
- Cloned maps no longer clone the link behaviour defined for slices and user activities
- Bug fix: Times/dates are now always displayed using the server time instead of the local time, as in other areas of TFS/Azure DevOps (VSTS).
Important Information for TFS 2015 Users
We unified the extension IDs for all SpecMap versions to ensure you can migrate from SpecMap for TFS 2015 to SpecMap for TFS 2017 or Azure DevOps (VSTS) in future.
Maps are stored in TFS using the extension ID, which means that after upgrading to 0.1.32 (with the new ID), your old maps will no longer be displayed. Your maps need to be migrated to the new extension. Details on how to migrate your maps can be found here.
SpecMap will now also display a message if you start SpecMap and no maps are found, in case this is due to the change in the extension ID. This message also includes a link to the instructions on how to migrate your maps.
Version 0.1.32 (1 December 2017)
- TFS and VSTS versions now use the same ID; mismatched IDs cause issues when migrating from TFS to VSTS
- Updated the notification bar displayed when a new version is available
Version 0.1.31 (23 November 2017)
- Import/export maps
- Bug fixes