Slices (rows) in the map can be linked to iterations in TFS.
To link a slice to an iteration:
- Either add a slice to the map, or click on the name of an existing user activity in the column header:
- The slice is displayed. If you have added a new slice, you will need to enter a name before you can save.
- Select the iteration you want to link the slice to from the Link Iteration drop-down list:
- Use the drop-down list under Default on removed items to determine what should happen to the linked user stories in this slice if they are removed from the map.
The following options are available:
- Reset to default (default): Sets a story's iteration to the default iteration when the story is removed from the map.
- Don't Change Link: Retains the link to the iteration.
- Replace Link: Allows you to choose an iteration that should be entered as the parent when removing the story.
- Click on Save&Close to save your changes.