We have introduced a new license model for SpecFlow+ and SpecMap. This new licensing model is account-based instead of requiring a license key. You need to sign up for a free personal SpecFlow account in order to use SpecFlow+ and SpecMap.
What are the benefits?
Signing up for a free SpecFlow account allows you to use the previously paid SpecFlow+ (Runner and LivingDoc) and SpecMap products for free. You no longer need to wait for us to process your request for a license manually and can expand your use of the software to more users as required. We also plan to offer exclusive additional benefits to help you boost your productivity and get the most out of SpecFlow and SpecMap.
In order to license SpecFlow+ and SpecMap with the new license model:
- A free Microsoft account is required. This can be your already existing personal or corporate/enterprise Microsoft Account. If you do not yet have a Microsoft account, you can create one for free.
- Access to the internet is needed from your work environment. If you are working in an offline environment, please get in touch with us at email@example.com for information on how to license your software without an internet connection.
In order to migrate from an existing active SpecMap license key to the new SpecFlow account follow the step-by-step instructions in our migration guide here
Sign up for an account
If you start SpecMap without a valid license, you will be asked to sign in with your Microsoft Identity and set up your SpecFlow account. You can download SpecMap from the Microsoft Marketplace here.
To create your account:
- Start SpecMap (under Boards | SpecMap in Azure DevOps).
- Click on Sign in with Microsoft.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account. If you are already signed in, this should happen automatically – you might need additional permissions from your Active Directory admin. Learn more about admin consents here
- You will be taken to a setup page where you can set up your SpecFlow account. Enter your details to sign up for a free SpecFlow account.
- Return to SpecMap and refresh your browser.
Important Note for Active Directory Approvals: It might be possible, that your Active Directory admin needs to grant you and your team permission to use the SpecMap due to your organizations’ Active Directory configuration. Learn more about admin consents here