Preview period ending: SpecMap will become a paid extension soon!
Map User Activities to TFS Features via Drag & Drop
Drag user stories from your product backlog to your story map and automatically assign them to parent TFS features and iteration paths.
Plan Iterations with Slices
Slice your story map and link your slices to iteration paths, split/merge slices as your project progresses.
Structure Your Backlog as You Go
New stories (PBIs) are automatically added to the TFS hierarchy with the corresponding feature as the story’s parent
Birds Eye View of Your User Journey
Frequently Asked Questions
We want to support additional work item types as the top-level items in the map. We expect this to be included in SpecMap soon.
SpecMap is designed to work with either the Agile or Scrum templates, and requires certain fields to be present in TFS. SpecMap does not currently support custom templates.
- Prepare for commercial marketplace launch
- Fix bugs
- Improve UX
Improved working with backlogs:
- Support for additional work item types (epics etc.)
- Draft function: add cards to the map without creating PBIs
- Group user activities within higher level steps
- Access permissions for maps
- Export/migrate maps (available in 0.1.31)
- More styling options for elements on the map
- Visualise progress based on task status and completed tasks
- Hide completed slices
- Visualise comments
If you are experiencing issues, please contact us by email to support [at] specmap.cc. Please include as much information as you can, including whether you are using the TFS or VSTS version of SpecMap. Screenshots can be very helpful to illustrate behaviour. Please also check the developer console (F12) in your browser for any error messages and includes them with your email. The more information you provide, the quicker it will be to find the cause of the bug and fix it.
We appreciate any feedback on how you are using SpecMap and how your experience could be improved. You can submit feedback to support [at] specmap.cc. We will evaluate all suggestions we receive, and factor this feedback into future development cycles.
Access to projects and work items is determine by a user’s TFS project/work item permissions. Users without permission to access a project cannot access the maps in that project. If a user has access to a project, but not to certain work items, the user can browse the maps, but will not see the details (title, etc) of the mapped work items they are not permitted to access.
There is currently no means of restricting access to a particular map outside of these options. We intend to add access settings for maps in the future, allowing you to grant read-only access or deny access to specific maps.
- It is not possible to drag&drop items from the backlog query to the map in TFS when using Edge.
- Issues can arise when using templates in languages other than English. This may also result in an empty default query. You can however define your own queries and use these instead.
- SpecMap requires certain fields to be present in your template; if the fields are missing, errors will occur. This means that custom templates are not currently supported.
- It is not currently possible to migrate maps in SpecMap from TFS to VSTS.